Saturday, August 30, 2014

ALYOF - August goal half completed

My goal for August was to make a couple of skirts and maybe a dress. I managed one skirt. I have started the other in a similar fashion to this one.




It is a simple A line skirt and I used Melly's tutorial in drafting the measurements of the skirt.  The band is just jersey rib, the back is a textured knit and the front 2 cotton fabrics. The bottom band is a fabric I picked up from goodness knows where but goes with the skirt perfectly.






It is the middle of winter in NZ with a freezing wind today so you will have to excuse the "I'm trying to smile, but I'm freezing my tits off, so hurry up and take the darn photo" look.


Linking up with 


4 comments:

  1. Looks good Deb - you were brave standing outside for that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Reminds me of a joke I'll have to share with you tomorrow!! Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that skirt and love the combination of fabrics you used. Hope it starts warming up a bit there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great - and comfy too I bet with the ribbed fabric. Good on you braving the weather for the photo shoot :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...