Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Wonky Stars top and City Sampler blocks

I have finished my Wonky Stars and used the mosaic maker at Big Huge Labs to create what I think will be my final layout.  I am loving how this is looking and have put the star I was not happy with at the bottom! Hopefully I will get to sew the top together tomorrow night.

Wonky Stars

This week's City Sampler Stars were easy to put together.  I was a bit more creative in my fabric choices, mainly because I didn't have many of the ones Tula used!

Tula Pink's City Sampler - Block 28

Tula Pink's City Sampler - Block 29

Tula Pink's City Sampler - Block 30

I have been talked into making a quilt for my daughter's friend as well.  She has chosen the Retro Flowers quilt that has been on my bucket list as well. I let her look through my Pinterest board to see what sort of quilt she would be interested in as I did not want to attempt to guess what sort of thing a 14 year old girl would want! She raided my fabrics and came up with a blue and purple dotty pile. So I will be using my Sizzix Drunkard's Path die to cut all the flowers...seems like a much better idea than using templates!


And this time in 6 weeks, I will be on a plane bound for Salt Lake City and Sewing Summit!!!!  Just  little bit excited....

3 comments:

  1. Your wonky stars look great all together, even that one you're not so keen on which I like!
    I didn't realise you we're off to Sewing Summit - how fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stars, fun quilt. ANd for a 14 yr old - super pull of fabrics - will be a great quilt. And I too did not know you were coming to the States - how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wonky stars quilt looks great! Omg, I'm so jealous that you're heading to Sewing Summit! I bet it will be awesome - can't wait to read all about it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...