Friday, January 14, 2011

Postage stamp quilt along Part 1.

Kona Snow and Keiki Tweet Tweet
Well it seemed too good an opportunity not to do the Postage Stamp Quilt-Along since a bunch of jelly rolls have just arrived in my mailbox from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I have chosen Keiki Tweet Tweet by Moda as I like the colours in this range and I think they contrast well with the Snow. So the last couple of days have been spent sorting and sewing into strip sets.  My eldest daughter did come into the room while I was sewing and comment that I seemed to be taking over the house with fabric and my sewing! Sound familiar, anyone??

I have 2 days left of my 3 weeks holiday and am not sure how on earth I will be able to get up for work at 5.45am on Monday. I haven't been waking up until 9.30 - 10ish every day!  Anyway, the thought of work is all very depressing, so I am planning our next holiday already!! Tony and I are off to Vietnam in April for 3 weeks. Neither of us have ever been there, so we are looking forward to exploring a part of Asia that we have both read so much about. He loves war and history books so is very excited that he gets to drag me around all the war memorabilia and museums. Yawn! I am more interested in the beaches and food!


Was sorting through the paperwork in the office a couple of days ago and Dinah, the cat, came and plonked herself down beside me (as they do) right in the middle of all the paper. There's no show without Punch, so Max the dog came and made himself comfortable on the cat!

And lastly, my thoughts and prayers go out to our neighbours across in Queensland with their terrible floods. We watched the news tonight and the devastation is incredible. Thankfully, my friends over there are all safe, but I know many families are grieving for loved ones. A terrible tragedy.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you and your family are safe. It is gratifying to see so many in the quilting world banding to give support.
    I see you have been very busy with your strip sets for the postage stamp quilt-a-long - lovely fabric. Hmm, must be a cat thing as mine always has to park her "Queenliness" amongst what ever I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how your quilt comes along - I'm enjoying it vicariously!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dinah looks like my Thomas!
    There are some pictures on my blog if you would like a little peek at him. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...