Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 24: RIP Pike River Coal miners

Image source: lisaglanville.com

Today is a sad day for New Zealand.

29 miners lost their lives after a second explosion today at the Pike River Coal Mine. 

I know we were all hoping for a miracle after the first explosion last week and that these miners would be able to be rescued. The youngest, just seventeen, at his first day on the job and the oldest 62.

My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this terrible tragedy.  Such a catastrophe and so, so sad...

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to pop by and leave a comment. I always reply to my comments by email so if you don't hear from me, it means you are a no-reply blogger. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...